doc. Ing. Pavel JELÍNEK, Ph.D.
Institute of Physics of the CAS, Prague, Czech Republic, EU
Specialization: Mechanical and transport properties of nanostructures.
Position: Head of NANOSURF Lab, vice-director of the department of Thin Films and Nanostructures, Institute of Physics of theAcademy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic, EU.
Pavel Jelínek (* 1972) received M.Sc. degree at the Czech Technical University (1997) and the Ph.D. degree at the Czech Technical University (2001), the field of study: Physical and Material Engineering, Thesis: "Modeling Influence of the Turbulent Flows in the Crystal Growth of II-VI Semiconductors." From 1999 he works at the Institute of Physics of the AS CR. In the period 2001-2005 he worked at the PostDoc position in the group of prof. F. Flores Sintas UAM in Spain. From 2009 he is a group leader of NANOSURF Laboratory (nanosurf.fzu.cz). From 2014 he is a visiting professor at the Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Japan.
- Development of fast local orbital MD DFT FIREBALL code
- Theoretical description of Scanning Probe Microscopy (single atom manipulations, dissipative mechanism at atomic scale, chemical identification, imaging processes).
- Experimental investigation of surface and nanostructures by means of advanced Scanning Probe Microscopy (simultaneous AFM/STM; KPFM).
- Experimental and theoretical studies of the mechanical and the transport properties of nanostructures.
- Non-adiabatic ab initio simulations of nanostructures and molecules
Selected international collaborations:
- UAM, Madrid, Spain. Prof. F. Flores, theory of STM & charge transport, DFT & beyond
- CSIC ICMM, Madrid, Spain. Dr. J.A. Martin Gago, on-surface chemistry, novel 2D materials
- Osaka University, Osaka, Japan. Prof. S. Morita, atomic and chemical imaging using nc-AFM method
- Queen’s University, Canada. Prof. A. Mc Lean, AFM/STM studies of molecules on surfaces
- University of Regensburg. Prof. F.J. Giessibl and Dr J. Repp, advanced AFM/STM & KPFM techniques
Prizes, Awards and Scholarships:
- Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte, „Ayudas para la movilidad de profesores e investigadores espanoles y extranjeros“, Spain, EU (2005).
- Otto Wichterle award for young outstanding researchers, Czech Academy of Science (2007).
- Fulbright Scholarship (2008).
- The ASCR Prize for outstanding achievements of great scientific importance, Czech Academy of Sciences (2012).
Pavel Jelínek published in total 46 publications with >1200 citations (~850 excluding self-citation); Science (1), Nature (1), Nature Comm. (1), Phys. Rev. Lett. (9), ACS Nano (3), h-index18.